Vivez Bien * Live Well

Monday, June 13, 2016

Escape to Simplicity





Because life is feeling a bit complicated at the moment, I am hankering after simplicity. I am, at heart, a simple being. Maybe at times even simple minded, according to my children. 


So, to fit my mood, the house I'm showing you today is a beach house in Cornwall in the UK, decorated by Wickenden Hutley, It's characterised by simplicity and restraint. I would love to go and have a little winter break in this home, spending time reading and walking on the beach, evenings in front of the fire, no phones, no emails, no responsibilities, just downtime. 


I could spend hours sitting at one of the many window seats just gazing out to sea thinking about things or perhaps about nothing at all.





I'd also love to spend lots of time dozing. Any of these bedrooms will do, thank-you. 






I might even do some cooking...


...and I'll definitely need to eat.


Yes, I think this place will do very nicely thanks. I can already picture my boots and hat at the front door.


Till next time

Sharon x



4 comments:

  1. Sharon,
    Yes, this would be a wonderful place to retreat for a couple of weeks, with no stress other than what to cook for dinner and which book to read next!
    Thanks for a lovely dream house for a vacation.
    Hope all is going well.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed lovely, simple and tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I come with you?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your thoughts about this house makes me want to relax too! i think it would be a whole new different day away from social media for the meantime.

    ReplyDelete