Vivez Bien * Live Well

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Townhouse in Greenwich Village

63


We are going to be in New York for a few days in December. (Yes, all the way from South Africa .... taking the boys to Disney World). We aren't staying in THIS townhouse, but how I wish we were! My husband and I stayed in Greenwich Village with some friends many years ago. They have since moved to Florida and we have since had four children (maybe they didn't really move, but just pretended that they had... I mean no-one wants a family of 6 to come and stay!) 


67

But, I digress. I love Greenwich Village and and love this townhouse I found on the website of  Fairfax and Sammons Architects.

72


70

Of course, I would have to go furniture shopping. That shouldn't be too hard - I do like shopping! 


I would make it comfortable and inviting...something like this.


68

I think this room would work well as a dining room...


...I would like to it to look something like this.

69

The kitchen looks great, but I don't plan on doing much cooking - we are on holiday after all!


65

A quick unpack... goodness ... what those airlines do to one's luggage!


71

There isn't a picture of the bedroom for some reason, but I guess it leads into this beautiful bathroom...I just couldn't decide what the bedroom should look like...I could either go calm and sophisticated like this...




or a bit more relaxed with a touch of colour like this....Oh dear.. now I am going to have sleepless nights pondering this dilemma!





And there is a second bathroom for the boys. Thank goodness!


64


I don't suppose the place we will be staying in will look anything like this, but a girl can dream.

Wishing you a happy Thursday

Till next time 
Sharon x




19 comments:

  1. well while you are in NY, you might go buy one :) this is gorgeous, i’d love such place myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh let me come help you with the shopping and creating spaces..mmm
    Can you imagine the fun ! Enjoy all the planning for your trip with the boys, it sure will be fun to see it al through their eyes..
    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I think you found my dream home! I LOVE everything...have fun at Disney World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is a long haul over to see MIckey! You will love it though:) I love the brownstones of NYC, why can't we make homes like that anymore? The mouldings and flooring always get me. Love that big classic bath tub, avec wine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creative post. Most of all love your imaginatIon. Congrats,from BsAs, Argentina, Julia C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so lucky!!! The atmosphere during the Xsmas period is so charming over there!!!! I wish I could visit New York city again...kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnifique !!!
    I love the kitchen and the bath room.
    Belle journée

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon, I lived in NYC for a long time before moving to France--it will be absolutely gorgeous in December!! All decked out for the holidays, you will love it. If you want some suggestions, just let me know...
    xo,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to own a townhouse in New York! What fun that would be! You will have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharon, I live in Orlando and hope you have a wonderful time visiting this area with your family. I hope the weather will be perfect for you. I love your blog and I'm always delighted to see a new post in my inbox. It is like eating a fabulous dessert! If you want any suggestions for your visit to Florida, please let me know.
    Enjoy!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beuatiful! Photo n. 5 is breathtaking!
    xoxo
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I still say "I love what you've done with the place" in this situation? :) If so, I do! I have always loved the idea of having a townhouse like this - the hominess of a real home but in an urban setting, with so much style! Love it. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's dreamy! I especially love your decor choices. ;) Great New York townhouses remind me of The Cosby Show. I always loved the layout of their set, designed to look like a New York townhome with Dr. Huxtable's office attached an that beautiful fireplace in the kitchen.

    I hope you enjoy your visit to the States. Who knows, maybe you'll pick up a townhouse while you're here. After all, everyone needs a souvenir from vacation!

    Cheers!
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  14. We used to live in Brooklyn Heights just across the Brooklyn Bridge and I loved it but NYC is hard to live in every day. Gorgeous townhouse and I would gladly move back to live there. Long trip coming this way and I don't envy you the flight but Disneyland...may I go please?

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the town home!! Have a great time!! xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful house, especially with your additions. I do hope you have the most fantastic holiday Sharon. Looking forward to hearing all about it. Bon Voyage, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful house,
    I love the dramatic staircase and the entrance.
    I love the restrained elegance look of this house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sharon,
    What a fun holiday you'll have at Disney World. This virtual town home is wonderful. I love what you've done to the place! ;-)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete