Vivez Bien * Live Well

Monday, January 2, 2012

Looking back before looking forward...

I have had a break from blogging for a couple of weeks to spend time getting ready for Christmas and holidaying with my family.



 I also spent some of the time reflecting about blogging; why I do it and what is so appealing about it. Let's face it, it is a time consuming hobby, and I sometimes wonder if I can really afford the time that it takes. It occasionally leaves me feeling a bit upside down, and not as on top of things as I should be.



After much soul searching I came to the conclusion that I love it and will continue to do it for a number of reasons. The first is that I love the creative process that is involved in coming up with new ideas for posts and then finding the pictures and words to support the post. I very happily spend hours looking through blogs and photo files to come up with the perfect picture. It is like therapy for me!




 The second reason is that I am an intensely visual person and get so much pleasure from looking at beauty in its various forms. Through the world of blogging I am continually being confronted with one beautiful image after another. I get so excited when I see that one of my favourite bloggers has posted something new (and lucky for me, you are mostly more prolific with your posts than I am).





The final reason, and probably the one that keeps me coming back most of all, is the relationships I have formed with fellow bloggers. Most of you live a thousand miles away and I will probably never meet you in person, but I love getting to know you through your blogs, getting to know a bit about your families, your likes and dislikes, your obsessions, your quirks and your sense of humour. I have found the blogging community I have joined to be so supportive, so encouraging and so accepting. It also makes the world a much smaller place and makes me realise that our lives, regardless of what continent we live on, are fundamentally so similar. When it boils down to it, what most of us really want, is to live a good life and to make the world a better and more beautiful place for ourselves and our loved ones.


So, on that reflective note, I wish you everything of the best for a wonderful 2012!

Till next time


Sharon x




15 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon

    I am delighted to read that you decided to continue to blog. I very much enjoy your posts and I also relate to the time one spends creating and following blogs.

    Wishing you the best in 2012.
    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I totally agree with this post. I too have wondered about continuing to blog, but for the same reasons as you, I am still here. I'm so glad you have decided to keep going as I love your blog and look forward to your posts. Have an absolutely wonderful new year!! Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have all gone through what you have when it comes to blogging, time consuming yes but it becomes about the people too. I thought about stopping my blog a year ago but it has become my baby and a part of me. I've learned so much and have been able to share as well and for that I blog. I love it too.

    Happy New Year Sharon to you and your family. May it bring everything you wish!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Sharon blogging does consume a lot of our time, but I am so glad your sticking with it because I always look forward to your beautiful posts! I also agree that it is a good form of therapy for us:) Happy New Year! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you will continue to blog and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous post Sharon. I'm sure many of us have pondered our reason for blogging and I think you have expressed it so beautifully! Wishing you and your family a fabulous 2012...Hoping to read more of yor wonderful posts XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. I just step in to ask you not to think about quiting!!
    Your blog is great!

    www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just discovered your blog so I'm delighted that you are going to continue blogging. I look forward to reading more from you in the coming year. Ange

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Sharon, what lovely photos.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I started to read, I said to myself that I would be heartbroken if she decides to quit blogging. I've just gotten to know you and am so pleased you will continue. Superb photos today, especially the last one with the French mirror.

    Happy new year Sharon. May you have the best new year ever.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon,
    yes, blogging is time consuming but it is such a delight-if it gets to be too much, it is possible to take an extended break occasionally to regroup and start back again...but hopefully, your short break was enough as I so enjoy your blog..!
    Happy New Year and best wishes for 2012..
    xoxo
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharon,
    I know what you mean...It is time consuming and I am still trying to learn all the ins and outs of the process. I am so glad that you will still be blogging in 2012. Love the picture of that cat! So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Sharon! The kitty made me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sharon! Love this collection of beautiful interiors! And that up side down cat cracked me up! xo Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww Sharon...what a lovely post and I just love the way you wrote that! I have found refuge in blogging and inspiration aplenty. As I was doing my new year's post and the one I just did on champagne, I thought about all the stunning images from the various blogs and how they add to the pleasure of my day! So glad that you will continue to bring us awesome eyecandy flavoured with a Sharon sense of impeccable style!

    Hugs

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete