Vivez Bien * Live Well

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

French and Simple

This home remains one of my favourites. It is situated in the Somerset West area, close to Cape Town. South Africa.  It is so simply and tastefully decorated by the owner, a single mother, who lives here with her 2 children. She has a beautiful shop in Somerset West where she sells antique silver, glass, china and other lovely bits and pieces. I believe she is also an artist - clearly a multi-talented individual. Take a look at her lovely home.


I love the exposed brick in the open plan kitchen.

 

Open shelving display oil paintings along side vintage crockery.


I love the juxtaposition of this weathered and rustic table and the beautiful French chairs.




Comfort and elegance combined.



Again, luxury combined with rusticity (is that a word?)




I love the white painted floorboards and the bed with it's beautiful feminine curves.



Open plan bathroom with free-standing bath


Cute daughter and puppy on the "stoep"



Thatched roof, pergola, cement pots, french doors, large table  for outdoor dining - so much to love


The owner picking fresh herbs from her garden

So do you also love this home or is it just me?

Till next time


Sharon x




15 comments:

  1. Hello Sharon,
    What a lovely surprise to see this home here. the owner~ Nelia~ is a good friend of mine and the post I did on my blog called some time ago"Pauline's white house", is the owner of this house' sister.
    both very talented girls and most inspiring.I am sure Nelia will be delighted for the mention, thank you!
    have a lovely week much love Colette x
    ps.. I also did a post on Nelia's shop some time ago called "Gister"(the name of her shop)~it is rather dated by now since she changes it all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you, I love this home too. I blogged about it before as well and I have kept it in my files. I just love it!!! Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous home! No fair that she has a beautiful home and shop, is pretty and talented, and has an herb garden!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! I can see why you love it so much, it's fabulous. I love the mix of rustic and high end antiques. I could happily move in there and not change a thing!

    Hugs!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you Sharon LOVE everything about this home!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for showing this unique home. I just love it. She has such style.

    I love how her oil paintings are placed on shelves unframed.

    Stunning
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Especially the kitchen!!! Fabulous! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how divine Sharon. there’s a simple vibe to this place which i love very much, yet it’s very sophisticated. a bit like my dream home i guess :)
    xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. J'aime beaucoup, c'est plein de douceur
    Agnès

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharon..what a pretty home, love the French influences, its casual welcoming without compromising on the elegant or pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all the white and the pretty paintings..
    best,
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous home. Makes me feel so homesick for Cape Town. My parents still live in Somerset West. It's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the kitchen, though it looks on the small size, i wonder where the pantry is
    if any? Cabinetry is limited...any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The entire "home" radiates peacefulness. .well done..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhh, ok I am drooling at the site of this amazing home. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete