Vivez Bien * Live Well

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Patio and other things

Since summer is on its way out here in South Africa, I though I'd show you some pictures of my patio (or "stoep" as we call it in South Africa) before the sun disappears and the cushions get packed away.












I love these Adirondack  chairs. They are so comfortable. I think they might have been one of America's best inventions! (Maybe a close second to sending men to the moon!)











So that is my patio. For now.  By next summer, it might have been changed or at least rearranged. I do that a lot!


ooOoo


I went to Decorex on the weekend which is a showcase for interior designers and manufacturers of various products for the home. I sadly didn't take my camera, but took a few pictures with my phone. The quality isn't great so please bear with me.


The stand that caught my eye was of a little girl's room (maybe because I don't have any of these in my house). The whole focus was recycling and upcycling and the effect was just so appealing.


This wire locker has been repurposed into a wardrobe and the containers on top painted in a pretty green for storing bits and bobs.

This chair has been made from a vintage vanity case and the ottoman from a zinc tub. Aren't they too sweet?

This old bookcase was filled with pretty, pastel coloured things. Did you notice that tea cup candelabra?
The curtain rail was made from a branch - so clever.


Do you remember those awful flying ducks from the past. Here they have been given a new lease on life painted in pretty colours.


                                                      ooOoo

And finally, whilst browsing the web for something, I stumbled across this little footstool. Isn't it just adorable? You can buy it online here. (It's based in South Africa but they might ship internationally)







Till next time


Sharon x



7 comments:

  1. Oh I love you outdoor space,
    it looks so cozy and comfortable...

    I could really spend a couple of hours in there sitting in those comfy chairs sipping something cold ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon your patio looks beautiful! I love how you accessorized with all the clay pots and lanterns. Your pool area looks wonderful, I can't wait to open ours the hubby will start in a few weeks,I know my kids can't wait! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't is funny how you will soon be posting about winter while we will be posting summer? Funny.
    I love your patio...gorgeous! I love your french doors...looks like they are grey? Love it!
    I totally agree with you about those chairs..i have one and want more. So great to have around the fire too!
    The metal shelf with your plants looks great.
    You have created a beautfiul outdoor space Sharon!
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sharon,
    you have a magnifique home!
    I really love it!
    You have to tell me in which way your lavender resist! Every year I have to buy again lavender. My plants bloom and after flowering, dry!
    Bisous, Babi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon! Your patio is beautiful! I am enjoying your Cape Town style. You were commenting on the Adirondak chairs from America...I was noticing the carved heart~shaped rocks. Are they from SA?
    ~ Lynne
    {w/l}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patio looks great! You and your family must enjoy spending time there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sharon, your outside area is beautiful. I love this space you have. I can see that you could easily relax here. Your home seems very warm and welcoming. We are going into winter soon too, although today was a beautiful sunny day and warm in the sun, I am just about to light the fire though as the sun has gone down it is starting to get a bit chilly. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Leahxx

    ReplyDelete