Vivez Bien * Live Well

Monday, May 2, 2011

Lovely Local Home

Today I want to show you some pictures of a beautiful home in Cape Town. I was lucky enough to visit it a few years ago and have always remembered it. It is a private house but is available as a venue for certain functions such as small weddings or birthday parties. The owner, along with her partner, caters for these functions and does all the decor as well. Her catering business is called Ottimo Cibo which is Italian for "Great Food". She is clearly a very talented person with exquisite taste! Take a look at these pictures and I'm sure you will agree with me.

The house is painted in the perfect shades of grey

The interiors are all muted and uncluttered


Isn't this fireplace beautiful?


I'm sure we are all going to be copying this idea with our mismatched candle holders!


French doors lead out of every room

The accessories all match the muted colour palette



The pool area is so inviting
 
Even the colour scheme in the garden is limited to green, white, blue and lavender. No loud yellows or oranges in this garden!


Isn't this water feature beautiful?



I love this table and cafe style chairs combined with  the chequerboard paving



All photos via here



Have a lovely week. Till next time.


Sharon x

6 comments:

  1. You do show the most beautiful homes. Your local area must be stunning. There isn't anything I don't like about this home. The gardens and outdoor areas are exceptional. I just love your blog Sharon and seeing your local area. Leahxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to South Africa but Sharon guess what... you make me want to pack my bags right away with these images. In all these photos you show I feel I could be in France. It appears to be a stunningly beautiful area that you live in xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another perfect post to have my morning coffee with Sharon!
    This place is gorgeous! I love the white and grey colours...so serene!
    I love her garden colours too. I am not a fan of loud yellow or red in the garden. I perfer the colours she has.
    South Africa is so beautiful!!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful home! Adore the soft and muted colors. Very soon will be wishing for that pool.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sharon,Love it..so great that you share local homes and talent..thank you! have a lovely week and good luck for school. xoxo Colette ~ Afrique Du Sud

    ReplyDelete
  6. This home is stunning...especially love the gorgeous outdoor space!!

    ReplyDelete